See the original post with photos here.
makes 12 muffins
2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons applesauce
1 cups sliced blueberries
1/2 cup rhubarb, diced
zest of half a lemon
zest of half an orange
Turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Use a standing or electric mixer to beat the eggs.
4. Add the milk.
5. Add the vegetable oil, honey, and applesauce. Mix until well-blended, using a rubber spatula if necessary.
6. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until blended.
7. Add the fruit and zest.
8. Pour the batter into a greased or lined muffin pan. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.