Serves 2 spinach fans, or 4 as a side.
1 6-ounce bag of pre-washed baby spinach, or the equivalent of a fresh bunch of spinach
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (alter to suit your tastes)
3/4 tablespoon of soy sauce (Right now we really like San-J organic, gluten free soy sauce, but use what you have on hand)
1/2 teaspoon of chili paste (available at Asian specialty markets or the international foods aisle of your local grocery store)
1 tablespoon olive oil for the pan
1. Wash the spinach, regardless of whether it’s pre-washed, and dry in a salad spinner or between paper towels or clean kitchen cloths.
2. Mix the chili paste into the soy sauce.
3. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
4. Add the garlic and stir constantly.
5. After about 20-30 seconds, add the spinach. Flip it in the pan so that it wilts evenly.
6. When the spinach is wilted, add the soy sauce-chili paste mixture.
7. Taste, and adjust seasonings accordingly. Better to err on the side of caution with soy sauce and chili paste. But if you like your food brackish and spicy, then have at it.