See the original post with photos here.
2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or regular salt)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1 4-ounce can diced roasted green chiles (optional)
1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
1 tomato, diced (optional)
1/4-1/2 cup queso fresco (optional)
1. Boil potatoes for 2-3 minutes and drain.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper flakes if using. Add potatoes and stir frequently.
3. When potatoes begin to develop a brown char and crunchy coating, add diced onions and bell pepper if using. Stir frequently.
4. When potatoes are nearly done and onions are opaque, add garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, and green chiles if using. Stir.
5. Remove from heat and serve. Top with diced tomato and queso fresco if desired.