See the post with photos here.
1 1/2 cups quinoa
2 3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
half of one large red onion
one yellow pepper
one red pepper
one cup canned, frozen, or fresh corn
one boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded to uniform thickness
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
cracked black pepper to taste
half of a lime (more if preferred)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Bring 2 3/4 cups water to a boil. Rinse quinoa. Add rinsed quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon salt to boiling water. Cover and reduce heat. Cook approximately 12-15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir.
2. Make salad dressing by mixing lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and cracked black pepper in a small bowl. Rub olive oil and lime pulp on both sides of chicken, followed by dry rub.
4. Clean peppers and cut into long strips about one inch wide. Cut onion into quarters. Set onto grill that has been cleaned and prepped, and cook, covered, on medium-high heat about 15-20 minutes, or until pepper skins are completely charred. Remove from heat and cover.
5. Sear chicken breast on high heat approximately 3 minutes per side. Set grill heat to low, cover, and let chicken finish grilling. Check for doneness, remove from heat, and cover in foil for several minutes before dicing.
6. As the chicken finishes grilling, scrape the skins off the peppers, then dice the peppers and onion.
6. Combine quinoa, chopped vegetables, corn, and diced chicken in a large bowl. Mix. Drizzle with dressing, and mix again.
7. Garnish with cilantro.