See the original post with photos here.
one 8-ounce container of Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta (or 8 ounces of your favorite pasta)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 of a large sweet onion, finely diced,
1/2 cup of heavy cream
juice of one lemon plus some of the rind for garnish
one 14-ounce can of artichokes (not the marinated kind), drained,
1/4-1/2 cup of stock
1 cup peas
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box, being careful not to overcook the quinoa pasta. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large, deep pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes, and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another 30 -60 seconds.
3. Add the artichoke hearts and peas and cook until heated through.
4. Reduce heat to medium low. Add 1/4 cup of the stock and all of the cream, and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until everything is thoroughly heated and the flavors have come together. Add more stock if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice.
5. Add the cooked quinoa pasta to the pan. Gently toss everything together.
6. Garnish with lemon zest, Parmesan, and basil or parsley, if desired.