See the original post with photos here.
1 pound ground beef
1 green pepper, diced
1/4 of a large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons tomato paste
juice of half a lime
1. Combine cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, cocoa powder, dried oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Saute ground beef on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
3. When the meat is almost cooked through, add the onion and green pepper. Saute an additional 5 minutes, or until the onion is opaque.
4. Add the garlic and spice mixture and saute 30-60 seconds.
5. Add the tomato paste and mix well.
6. Remove pan from heat and add lime juice. Stir to mix.
Serve in homemade corn tortillas.