See the original post with photos here.
makes 8 tortillas roughly 5-6 inches in diameter
1 cup masa
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
1. Mix masa and salt in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add water, and mix well using a wooden spoon.
3. Divide dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls. Cover balls with a damp paper towel.
4. Cut two pieces of wax paper a little larger than 6 inches in diameter. Sandwich a ball of dough between the wax paper.
5. Use a tortilla press, heavy skillet, or rolling pin to flatten the dough. Repeat with the remaining dough balls, then recover in damp paper towel.
6. Set a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Place one dough ball on the skillet for about one minute, then flip once and cook for about one minute.
7. Remove from heat and cover in a clean paper towel.